Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Renewal

Does it ever feel like there are times in your walk with Christ where you take 2 steps forward and then 1 step back?  Even as Christ followers we are human and fall back into old habits.  Satan is lurking and celebrating when we do.  I feel like when this happens the separation from the Lord seems pretty dramatic. I remember reading about this in the bible study I did this summer but didn't put much thought into at the time.  I have been living and breathing my life for Christ and make one slip up to find my self "alone".

We know that we never are abandoned by the Lord but with sin comes separation from him.  Our actions will put up a road block that keeps us from that connection.  This leaves you with an empty feeling.  I don't know about you but I really dislike feeling alone! I found myself on my knees before the Lord today begging for his presence in my life.  I was so intimately involved with Him that I took that for granted and stop seeking it.   When we stop seeking the Lord we will fall back into old patterns.  I found myself coveting earthly possessions & gossiping.  When we take these steps back we have to humble ourselves before the Lord and beg for his forgiveness! Yes BEG, even if he gives it graciously!  Lets take a look at the Word.

"'Even now', declares the Lord, 'return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.'  Rend your heart and not your garments.  Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity."
                                            Joel 2:12-13

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."               1 John 1:9

"Repent and be baptized , every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
                                           Acts 2:38

We must repent each and every day.  This is not just a one time deal.  The Lord knows your heart and your sins, confess to him and let him take that burden for you.  He has already paid the price and does not want us as his children to suffer.  As we pray for forgiveness and kick old habits to the curb it leaves and opening for the Lord to connect with you again.  

If you have never had an intimate relationship with the Lord I pray that you seek him out and start this journey with Him! He craves a relationship with you just as you do with him.  

My Prayer Today:  Most Precious Father, I am so grateful that welcome me with open arms even if I screw up and take a step back from you.  I miss our day to day interaction and desperately want that 
back.  Please continue to show me your desires for my life so that I may live according to your will.  Father I pray that you will stir the hearts of anyone that does not have a relationship with you.  I pray that they will run into your arms and bask in your presence.  I love you and am so grateful for everything that you have provided me in my life.  Please help me to be content in what I have so that I will not stumble and covet these earthly possessions that bring no glory to you.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
                                           Psalm 143:10

No comments:

Post a Comment