Thursday, August 4, 2011

Get Over It!

I can remember when the phrase "build a bridge and get over it" was popular.  Usually that is easier said then done! When looking at a situation from the outside it is easy to think why can't they just forgive them and move on?  Some things seem impossible to get over.  We have all been hurt in our lives some of us in more traumatic ways than others... these can leave deep scars that change your life forever.  Have you ever gotten your ear pierced and if you let it close up you can still feel the knots of scar tissue under the skin?  Those will always be there, thats the kind of scar I am talking about.  I've got a few of those...but when I think of them it is just in passing.  I have forgiven those who have hurt me and I know that God is going to use these scars for his Glory.

 You know you haven't forgiven them if you get angry or cry as soon as they come to mind.  I remember feeling so miserable when I was caught in the web of hate, resentment, & contempt.  I was letting my past control my future! How crazy is it that we continue to let something destroy our lives?  The verses I am about to share with you might scare the poo out of you because it is a pill thats hard to swallow!

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
                                                                      Matthew 6: 14-15

"And when you stand praying; if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your sins."                     Mark 11:25

Are you feeling a little worried?  Not only is that hate and resentment controlling your life it is keeping you from Gods grace! A wise lady once told me that forgiveness is an action not just a feeling.  I know it seems impossible right now... maybe the cut is to deep or too fresh.  But you have to do it! The good news is you don't have to do it alone!! The heavenly Father can do ANYTHING! If he can create the world he can help heal your wounds.  If I can overcome all my wounds I know you can.  If you want to break free & get over it you have to get on board with God and use his strength.  We wants you to... he joyfully gives to those who ask.  All you have to do is ask!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father.... I pray for those who are broken & battered.  I pray that you fill them with your Spirit and strength so that they can forgive and move on.  You are the great I AM and You can do Anything! Bring them back the peace and joy that only You can bring.  Just love on them Father because we all need it! Thank you for your unconditional love, grace & mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment