Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walk the Walk!

Looking back over the course of my walk with the Lord it was more like me walking in front of him instead of following or walking with him. Sadly there have been times where the Lord is nowhere in my lift, not by his choice but by my actions. We tend to take control and only depend on God when it is convenient to us or is there is no other option. The Lord wants us to live for Him at all times.  He wants us to have fellowship & worship with other Christ followers (not just on holidays!) and to spend time alone with Him and His Word.  He basically wants us to **** or get off the pot! Sorry... but that was the best way to make my point :)

We can't go around doing one thing with a certain group of people (pray & worship) & then turn around and (get drunk, curse & gossip) with the next! I know you don't want to hear this especially if you fall into this category.  I used to live like this and know a ton of people who still do.  I pray for them every single day! I am not writing this to shove it down your throat... but to open your eyes! If you really love the Lord and want to dance in his Kingdom one day you can't live like that.  Let's take a look at the Word.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth."
                                                    Revelation 3:15-16

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."
                                                    Matthew 12:30

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.  Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.  My brothers, this should not be."
                                                    James 3:9-10

"This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother."
                                                  1 John 3:10

The world we live in is full of temptations, full of sin, & full of lost souls.  If we as Christ followers aren't truly following Him... how can we possibly lead by example?  How can we save others with the Lords grace of we aren't even really living our life for the Lord and his glory?  I urge you to make the changes needed in your life. To give yourself wholly to the Lord.  He has made it clear enough that he would rather you be all against Him than be lukewarm.  Hand Him your addictions... hand Him your fears..... hand Him your secrets.  If you think you are hiding all of this from Him you are so wrong! He knows every fiber of our being.  Let Go & Let GOD change you!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father... I am so grateful that you give us unconditional love, grace, & mercy! Father I pray that your lost children will seek you out and reconnect with you so they can live there lives according to you will.  Father I also pray that you will put me in peoples lives that do not know you or have a relationship with you &  I pray that I will be able to share your limitless love Father!  Continue to guide me in your path of righteousness Father, keep sin away from me and continue to give me the strength to abstain from any temptations.  I love you.... oh & you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment