Friday, August 5, 2011

Under Attack!

People always tell you that when you are walking & talking closely with the Lord that satan will try anything and everything to hinder that relationship.  I have had this in the back of my mind lately and tried to stay alert.  Let me tell you that it won't be just one little thing... he is going to come guns blazing!

The past few days have been like this for me.  Situations that any non believer would think of as just "stuff" that happens in life, but I know it is much more than that!  Satan knows I struggle with jealously so he set up a perfect little trap for me.  People at my husband's company thought it would be funny to make a calendar of sexy men with my husbands head on each one.  I'll admit that's kinda funny.  But when they gave that calendar to another woman as a gift.... not so much.  I got jealous, angry, & let it fester.....point for satan!  Everyday we are at war with Satan... if you aren't then you aren't a Christ Follower! He knows every weakness or dark desire and will use them against you to remove you from God's grace.  Let's take a look at the Word to see what it has to say about this.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
                                                         Philippians 6:12

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resisting him, standing firm in faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
                                                         1 Peter 5:8-9

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members."
                                                          Romans 7:21-23

It's crazy to think that Satan used the same "sneaky snake trickery" on people in the Bible.  He never rests... his goal is to make us stumble, PERIOD.  You have to be alert and aware or you won't stand a chance against his schemes.  If we do stumble we pick ourselves backup ask the Heavenly Father to forgive us and keep going.  The good news is:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus or Lord."  
                                                        Romans 8:38-39

Thats pretty comforting don't you think?  Basically it says that NOTHING can keep us from God's love! How amazing is that.  Satan will keep pulling his stunts but God's love so much bigger than that.

My Prayer Today:  Gracious Father please keep me alert to satans attacks on my life.  You are just as aware of the same weaknesses as satan use these to create strengths in me so that I can overcome his schemes.  Please draw near to me and work through me in all that I do so that it will Glorify You.

No comments:

Post a Comment