Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Maxed Out!

How many times do we say "If only I had an extra hour each day I could everything done."? Everyones lives seem to be maxed out.  We would love to take that trip or go spend time with some friends but we can't seem to squeeze it in our schedule.  We go a hundred miles an hour to try and check things off our to do.  I am a mom ( a more than full-time job), wife, daughter & sister.  All of these relationships take time. I also work from home for my husbands company which can be tricky with a toddler running around.   I know that I sometimes feel like I can't handle one more thing on my plate.

We need to stop and remember that we don't have to do it alone.  We also have to rest & recharge so we can keep it together! I've tried the whole running around like a chicken with my head cut off and that didn't work out too well.  I usually end up sick, tired, & cranky.  Which stinks since you can't call in sick when you stay home with a toddler.  Lets look at the Word and see what it has to say about rest & recharging.

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humle in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
                                                           Matthew 11:28-30

"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
                                                            Mark 6:31b

"Truly my soul finds rest in God, my salvation comes from him."
                                                            Psalm 62:1

I can't express enough how important it is to set time aside each day to be loved on by the Lord.  At least thats how I view it.  As soon as I put Jax down for his nap each day I come straight to my room and lock myself in to bask in his Glory! I look forward to this time to recharge.  I know there is other work to be done, projects that have deadlines but I put that all aside and get into the Word.  Somehow it always works out.  The Lord will see that what must be done gets done.

 I challenge you to sharpie in (notice I didn't say pencil! Hopefully this will be permanent) AT LEAST 20 min of  GOD time on your calendar. Sundays too!  He doesn't care what you are doing at the time as long as you are giving him 100% of your attention.  You can be sitting on the pot for all I care! Just make the time! You will be pleasantly surprised to see the outcome of your days ahead.  You will continue to get more done than you expect & wait for it..... you will not feel maxed out all the time!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father please continue to recharge my soul.  I want to slow down in life and enjoy it more.  I know that I will need your hand involved to help me get everything done that is expected of me. I know I can overcome anything with you by my side!   Thank you for for every blessing, for your grace, and unconditional love!

No comments:

Post a Comment