Monday, September 12, 2011

Separation Anxiety

There are times in our walk with the Lord the the clutter in our world creeps back in our lives and we feel separated from the Lord.  I like to compare it to separation anxiety a child feels when they are attached to their parents.  We are looking and calling out for the Lord and hear nothing.  You look back at time and see how at one point you were together hand and hand, the next few steps he is right behind you trying to keep up, & now you can see his outline far behind you.  You left him in the dust.... autopilot took over.  Lets take a look at the word.

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear to dull to hear.  But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he would not hear.   For your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt.  Your lips have spoken lies, and your tongue mutters wicked things."           Isaiah 59:1-3

So when you wonder why you feel this separation from the Lord.... why you call but hear nothing.  The answer is YOU all along.  Turn autopilot off.... turn around and run back into the loving arms of your Father.  He is waiting.

My Prayer Today:  Most gracious father,  I'm so sorry that I have been trying to do everything on my own.  Please forgive me of the sins that have crept back into my life.  I know that I can do all things through you Father! I forget at times and take on life without you.... I also know that this will result in an epic fail! I love you.  Please give me the direction I need in my life so that I will do all things to glorify you!.

No comments:

Post a Comment