Monday, August 8, 2011

Toxic Thoughts

I don't know about you but I struggle with worrying... I worry about protecting Jax, I worry about money, I worry about basically everything.  If I start worry too much it leads to me having anxiety about my future.  It's a crazy downward spiral of sin for me.  Satan loves to plant these little seeds of doubt & fear in my mind.  I am getting better at catching these thoughts when they first start now... otherwise I stress myself out for no reason.  It's like I have to train my brain to reject these thoughts.  I call them "toxic thoughts".

If you allow your self to take a ride on the "toxic thought" downward spiral you are not trusting in the Lord to see you through.  This means you do not have faith in Him and without faith in our Heavenly Father what are we left with?  That's a scary thought! So what are we supposed to do with our worries?  Let's take a look at the Word to see.

"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present you requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."        Philippines 4:6-8

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fail."
                                                           Psalm 55:22

"Do not fear for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous hand."
                                                           Isaiah 41:10

"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you."
                                                           1 Peter 5:7

Our heavenly Father is well aware of what we worry about and need.  We wants us to lay our worries & anxiety at his feet.  Aren't you tired of carrying all of them around will you all day long? I keep a prayer journal and in it I write down any worries, fears, or doubts I might be having.  I hand it over to our Father and let Him deal with it all.  Alone we are just us... we can't handle it all.  But with His help and Peace we can overcome them.  I pray that you will do the same.  Just try it... give it to the Lord, he won't fail you!

My Prayer today:  Most Gracious Father... thank you for taking my load.  I give it all to you so that I can live my life by faith and trust in you.  Father I lift everyone up to you... I pray that they will hand it all over to as well so you can show them the peace you will bring to their lives! Thank you for washing away all my sins and giving me life.  Help me to glorify your name in all that I do.  I love you so much Father!

1 comment: