Thursday, August 11, 2011

Need Some Wisdom?

When I think of gaining wisdom the first picture that comes to mind is talking with an elderly person about things they have learned throughout life.  We often look back on our lives and think: Man I would have made different choices in my life if I knew then what I know now!  I think at any age you have some wisdom built up from your life experiences that you can share with others. I know I have had my share.  If anyone was going to learn the hard way it was going to be me.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could learn from other's mistakes? I mentored a girl once and tried to use my mistakes to guide her in life.  Epic Fail! Sometimes we have to fall flat on our faces to get the point.  Sadly I can't think of may times in my old life that I went to Lord for wisdom.  I thought I could handle it all on my own...also, epic fail! The Lord and the Word are there waiting for us to tap into the wisdom we all need for our lives.  Let's take a look at  some examples in the Word.

"For the Lord Gives skillful and Godly wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."
                                                  Proverbs 2:6

"Get skillful and Godly wisdom, get understanding; do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth."                           Proverbs 4:5

"He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident on his own mind and heart is a fool, but he who seeks in skillful and Godly wisdom shall be delivered."
                                                  Proverbs 23:4

"Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens."
                                                  Daniel 12:3

"If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or fault finding, and it will be given."
                                                  James 1:5

We are all lacking wisdom in out lives. Everyday we have to make choices, some basic and some life altering.  Don't you want the confidence that you are making the right choice...God's choice?  All you have to do is ask.  He wants us to ask and he is more than willing to give you the answers.  Just to be clear he won't just tell you what you want to hear! The direction you receive might just make more questions.  But are you willing to accept His wisdom and follow His direction for your life?  I promise that if you do it will change your life & hopefully other lives around you!

I like to journal the old fashion kind... I keep it by my bed and a selection of pens to choose from. I am a pen addict! For some reason when I write down my prayer requests and questions to the Lord I can think more clearly and it opens my heart more.  After I spill my heart onto the pages I go to the Word and look for answers.  First I pray that the Lord will open my mind and heart to receive his message.  Then I dive in! I hope that you will try and seek out wisdom from the Lord for your life.

My Prayer Today:  Father you are all-knowing, everlasting, and full of wisdom.  I am so grateful that you have given us all another chance at the life you desire for us to have! Please fill me with your wisdom as I make choices in my life Father.  I want to be in your likeness and to that I must make choices that mirror you.  I pray that others will desire to live through your wisdom.  I can only imagine what the world would be like if we all were to seek out your advice before we made a move.  I love you and hope to glorify you in all that I do.  Use me to fulfill your will!

No comments:

Post a Comment