Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Embrace It!

You know that feeling you get deep down when someone shares with you an amazing story about how God is working in there life?  There is also the feeling you get right after you do or say something you regret and you wish wish you could take back.  These feelings are not just reactions...these are the Spirt of the Lord!


  I have noticed lately when He is urging me to do something or just gracing me with His presence I first get goosebumps then.... well is is so hard to explain but I am almost in awe because I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Holy Spirit is trying to get my attention.  I used to ignore these feelings or just acknowledge them, stuff the emotion back in, and move on.  Especially in church.. I would be ashamed to show any emotion...what if the Lady next to me noticed my tears? Now I EMBRACE it! It is a gift from our Heavenly Father and anything from Him is basically amazing.  If God is  tapping you on the shoulder you better turn around because he has something important to tell you! So now I stop and listen.  I am wait for what He has in store for me.    Let's take a look at the Word to see what it has to say about the Holy Spirit:


"That is the Spirt of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold him or know him, but you know him because he abides in you, and will be in you."                                  John 14:17


"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."
                                                John 14:26


"For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God."    1 Corinthians 2:10


It's pretty amazing to think about the fact that the very essence of the Lord resides within us.  All we have to do is tap into it or answer it's call.  I challenge you to tap into the Spirit.... to EMBRACE it! Now I will give you a WARNING: it won't just tell you want you want to hear.  You might be pretty surprised by what God's will for you is but I promise if you follow His will you will be blessed!


I want to leave you today with a prayer from Paul : 




16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


                                             Ephesians 3: 16-19

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, your beautiful journey and spirit is uplifting to all who know you! I love your blog. Your writing is exceptional and your insights are way beyond your years! Thanks! I look forward to following your blog!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete