Monday, August 1, 2011

He Said....She Said

Have you ever "heard" that people have been saying hurtful things about you?  I'm sure we all have been on both sides.  I am so guilty of the gossip.  This is something that satan knows he can try and suck me in with.  But lately it seem I have been on the receiving end.  I expected as much with my dramatic changes in my life.   It is pretty easy to let other peoples hurtful words to creep under your skin and put doubts in your head or just get angry.  That's what I do... you know that burning feeling you get in your gut as you think why in the world would they say that! I actually have to stop and take a few deep breaths to clear my mind and remember that it isn't my place to get angry.

 I am finally getting to a point in my relationship with LORD where I seem to have a constant dialog in my head with him.  I dont' know how to explain it but we seem to communicate all day long.  This helps me so much when I am tempted to harp on someone who has wronged me or gripe about something that happened to me.  When you first think about gossip you think of the juicy story that you heard about "Jane".  But in reality gossip is so much more! It can be sharing "a concern" about a  friend to another friend or griping about work.  It is safe to say if you are not willing to repeat the words to the person they are about you are gossiping. Lets take a look and see what the Word says about gossip.

"The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; the one who opens his lips comes to ruin."
                                                           Proverbs 13:3

"He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, therefore do not associate with a gossip."
                                                           Proverbs 20:19

"He who guards his mouth and tongue, guards his soul from troubles."
                                                            Proverbs 21:23

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.  Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all the malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also forgiven you."
                                                              Matthew 12:36-37

How are you feeling about now?  A little convicted? Hopefully the LORD is working on you right now! We need to stop and think before we speak.  I am literally having to train myself to stop and think and not just react.  I know its hard but it is what we are called to do.  The LORD clearly has more important things for us to be talking about.  I challenge you to be the better person the person that the LORD craves you to be.  The next time you are around people spreading the "dirty" step in and change the subject or even better be bold enough to correct them.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father....fill me with your spirit so that I may make the right decisions and say the right things.  Guard my tongue so that I will not spread any negativity or hurtful words about others to those around me.  I am so grateful for your unfailing Love! I Love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment