Friday, July 29, 2011

You Want Me to Love Who?

LOVE.  The first few things that come to mind are I really love my family, Wow I am in love with my husband, and there are no words to describe the love for your child.  It just is.  But what about the love that we are supposed to have EVERYONE.  Thats a little different huh....in case this is a news flash to you we are called as Christ followers to love everyone.  Lucky you it doesn't say you have to be BFF's with everyone! But we are called to love them.  Just in case you were wondering.... YES that includes the person that has popped in your mind that you can't stand with every fiber of you being or that bum on the corner.  It also includes people who have hurt you on purpose or not.  I know it is so much easier to hate, despise, hold grudges, & complain.  Think about Jesus.... when he was carrying that cross or being stoned was he cursing those who persecuted him? Why should we be any different? I'm not saying to bake an apple pie for the people who have hurt you but you can pray for them.

I started praying for the people in my life that I had grudges against or that had really hurt me.  Don't get me wrong it was torture at first! But the strangest thing happened.... if I saw them or someone was talking about them I didn't feel the desire to get that jab in.  I had to fake till I felt it but soon enough the feeling were really there.  I didn't want them to hurt just as much or to punish them.  I didn't want to have tea or anything but I was just over it. I was FREE. Free from anger & bitterness.  Plus my day wasn't ruined from getting all worked up over something.

I think there is too much hate in the world.  Hate for family, hate for our leaders, hate of ourselves.  It just sucks the life out of me to even be around those people.  I have chosen to not spend as much time with them.  But when I do I just love them and hope that they see that in me and it plants a seed in their heart.

"A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."     John 14:34-35

"Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children and live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."      Ephesians 5:1-2

"Dear Friends, let us love on another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born from God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."
                                                                                                               1 John 4:7-8

"No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is make complete in us."                                                                                                         1 John 4:12


I could go on and on.  It is crystal clear how important loving is to God!  I know that it won't be easy or happen over night but I hope that you will try and move past the anger or hate that you feel.  And just love.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father please help me to let love show in every action I make.  Please help to cover any bitterness I might have in my heart with you never ending LOVE! It is so hard to be the better person, the person that you desire me to be but I know I can do it with you on my team.  I love you and so grateful for your LOVE for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment