Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Servant's Heart

How many times have we been at the grocery store or fast food place and turned down the opportunity to make a donation? Come on.... we all have at one time or another.  The sad thing is that it is usually for a dollar or two.  Why have our minds been programed to only think of me, me, me?  What do you think the world would look like if we always put other people first?  Lately I have really been feeling a pull on my heart to get off my booty and do something BIG! But our Father is Joyful in even the little things we do!

"Share with God's people who are in need. Practice Hospitality."      Romans 12:13

The LORD wants us to serve those in need! Face it there will always people out there that will have more than us. But there will ALWAYS be someone out there that is in desperate need of anything we can give them! I'm not just talking about tithing though that is very important as well.  I am talking about serving people outside of your bubble.... yes that place that makes you uncomfortable.  You have the choice to be a better person. You have a choice to make a difference in someones life!

I challenge you to have a servant's heart and give to a stranger.  Time, money,or food.  You name it. I know things are tight right now but if you would just skip one Starbucks trip or skip your pedi this month you could do it!  And I promise you that the Lord will bless you for it you just have to have faith in Him.  He knows your heart!  I have  a goal to do some incredible things this year.  I have no idea how I am going to accomplish it but I do know that it is what the Lord is telling me to do so he will make it happen.  You just have to be willing to take the focus off your life and put it on someone else's life.   

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners"   Isaiah 61:1

My Prayer today:  LORD please open my eyes to the needs of the people around me.  Take away any selfishness that I might be feeling... this is how I was born LORD and I need you to reprogram my heart & my brain so that I can serve others.  Show me ways to serve those in need so that I may bring you Glory! Thank you for your grace and love that you give so generously. 

1 comment:

  1. Precious friend, I cannot not tell you how excited I am about what the Lord is doing in your life, I am praying for you daily as you take this journey of a life time:) thank your for your words of encouragement today! love ya

    ReplyDelete