Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shine Brightly!

I don't know about you but I have various types of lamps in my home.  I was pretty excited to get this super cute one on sale at hobby lobby.  It had leopard trim and matched perfectly with my comforter. The plan was to put it on my bedside table so I could read at night without the overhead light on.   I got it home put int in its new place ans was thrilled with it.  Well later that night I wanted to put it to use so I got all cozy with my book and turned it on. DUD! There was barely any light.  The lamp shade hid almost any light that the little bulb was producing.  I was really disappointed...wouldn't you be?

I think this is how the LORD feels about our lives.  We all have the potential to shine brightly with his love but we have something hiding the light.   That could all types of things stuff, addiction, bad relationships, selfishness. The list could go on & on.  We are so scared to sort through the junk to find the treasure.  But if you are willing to put in the work you can shine brightly for the LORD!  I used to be so consumed with what people thought about me so I would conform to which ever group I was with at the time.  Well that was the old me... sorry to say that I will probably lose friends over it and the sad thing is that it might even put stress on family relationships.  But I am living my life for the LORD and it isn't about what I want or need anymore.  It is about what I can do for the LORD & how I can shine as bright as possible for him!

" Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
                                                                                                                   Matthew 5:16

"For this is what the LORD has commanded us : ' I have made you a light for Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth'"                                                       Acts 13:47

Did you catch the word commanded in the verse above?  As Christ followers the LORD does not say : If you feel like it or on a good day.  We are commanded to share His Light with the world.  You all know of people that are not saved or maybe they are but they are not in a relationship with the LORD.  I know of them & I know for sure that If I can help save them I will do whatever it takes.  I will be a LIGHT is this dark world!!


My Prayer Today:  LORD I pray that you will show me any areas in my life that are like that pretty lamp shade & prevent your light from shining to the world.  Help me to make a conscious effort to be your LIGHT in the world so I can share with others your unconditional love, grace & mercy! I Love and so grateful that you accept me as I am and love me!  I pray that I could touch just one person who reads this LORD that their eyes are opened to you.  If so Glory be to YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment