Friday, August 12, 2011

Don't Give Up!

We all have times in our lives where it seems like nothing is going our way.  It usually isn't just one thing, it it is a ton of things all at once.  You know what they say: "When it rains it pours".  It is easy to get discouraged during these difficult times & it is much easier to throw in the towel and have a pity party.  We often wonder why me? Why now? What did I ever do to deserve this?  I don't have any of the answers to these questions but I do know where you can go to get peace about them  Lets take a look at the Word.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
                                               Joshua 1:9

"Do not be afraid, Just believe."  Mark 5:36b

"Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.  You need to preserver so that when you have done the will of God, you will received what he has promised."
                                               Hebrews 10:35-36

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
                                               Isaiah 40:31

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. "
                                              Romans 5:3-4

I know sometimes it seems impossible to remove yourself from a situation long enough to take a look at what is really going on.  Remove the emotions & just see the details.  You know how it is easy to look at somebody else's issues and see what needs to be done.  That's because you don't have all the other factors that they do surrounding the issue.  It's easy to say you WILL get through this or The Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle.

We need to work on less reacting and more seeking.  We choose how we react to a situation.  It can blow up and get out of hand or we can hand it over to God and let him work things out.  There is a reason that we must go through rough patches in our lives but we might not know the answers till me meet with the Lord one day.  

I can't think of a single hardship that I have overcome in my life that I didn't learn something! Can you?  It's just part of life! Sure some of us get it easier that others.  Stop complaining about it and seek the answers from the Lord.  It all comes back to: Let Go & Let God!   Get on your hands and knees and spend some quality time with the Lord.  He is the only one who will get you through. PERIOD.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, I have so many questions for you and wish that I had all the answers right now.  I know that I will have hardships in my life but I also know that you will be right there with me Father.  Help me to remember you during these times.  Help me to stay strong so that I will continue to praise You even when it feels like my life is falling apart. I Love You and am so grateful of your unconditional love for me Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment